FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:26 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eyuro
I just got home from a 6 night stay IC HK which I booked with points. As an Amb they upgraded me from a Superior to a Deluxe room upon check in. Knowing that my Son came along as a third person I asked for a bigger room. They offered me a Junior Suite for the small add on fee that had been offered thru the app. The room was still quite small for 3 beds so we declined. The person handling the check in then offered me the Deluxe Ocean View Suite with a bedroom and sitting room and the roll away for no charge for a hefty but well worth it add on fee.
Question. Do I get points for the paid portion of my stay? I checked with both the Amb check in counter and the person who originally checked us in and they both said yes. They both confirmed with me upon check out that my card was on file and that I will get credit. Were they wrong? I haven't seen it yet and its about a week since my return.
Probably wrong. F&B would count on award nights but not room upsell areas (room upgrade or lounge access)

My thought are no points for room upsell as it is a points booking. For points/award night you only earn points for f+b billed to rooms

Room upsell at checkin + lounge upsell at checkin are always added to the room rate billing class. On a paid qual night rate you then earn points for the extra spend

Your nights will still post about 4working days after the stay, and your gold/platinum/spire yearly nights counter will increase. You can click to expand the account Line posting to see a breakdown.

Superior Junior Suite is unbookable online room type an RA booking base room are upgraded to. RA booking Harbour View gets upgraded to Deluxe Junior Suite. Deluxe J/S is smaller the Superior J/S room but has the better harbour view.
Exec Suite is central single large 70m room, whilst Deluxe Suite has separate rooms so is probably why you got offered the Deluxe suite to have separate room for your son for sleeping privacy

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 25, 2016 at 12:34 am