FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Daily LAX-HND Service Feb 2016 w/ 787-8, applies DFW-HND
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:42 pm
bbmatt

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA
The Japanese government can't just simply "give them all" to Japanese carriers, as we're talking about a bilateral agreement, and the USA is going to demand equal treatment for its airlines. A Japanese airline can't takeoff from HND during the daytime bound for the USA unless the USA has agreed to it, and without half of the daytime HND frequencies for USA carriers, our government is unlikely to permit it.
Oh, I meant to non-US destinations. If delta successfully lobbies DOT to reject the deal wholesale, wont they have to/want to give the 10 slots to someone else?

I know the dragonair's hkg route is a horrible 1 am redeye from HND. I think I remember seeing a bunch of other destinations in asia/europe leaving at ungodly hours past midnight. Even AC/JL/ANA could move some/all canadian destinations to HND, if the US/Japan cant reach a deal. That in itself could easily take up the 10 slots already.