FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which IHG property in Shanghai for an overnight.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:26 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by airmotive
Visa...just the ability to layover up to 72 hours without a visa.

Regarding location, yes, I realize that no IHGs are actually near the airport proper. It's a bad habit of mine to call a city by its airport identifier! (It's even worse for cities that have pronounceable airport identifiers...ie: Ottawa. My mother assumed I was in China this week when I called her from some city called YOW).

Thanks for the IC Ruijin recommendation. I'm not looking to tour Shanghai, just something interesting to walk about outside the hotel for an hour or two, and this sounds like it fits the bill. I presume a taxi is the easiest way to get there?
I suggest you consider asking a mod to retitle your thread to something like "Shanghai: General Discussion". In some cities (e.g. PDX, BOS, LAS, MSP), the airport represents well, but in Shanghai, we regard "PVG" as an airport far from town. If one must use airport codes, "SHA" is a better choice because --in addition to representing Hongqiao Airport-- it includes all airports in the Shanghai municipality (in the same manner as other metro codes, e.g. WAS, NYC, TYO).