FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:06 am
MadMadso

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Perhaps a previously answered question, and if so I apologize.

I stopped visiting this thread regularly when I couldn't churn each month any more. The last card came in Sep. 2015 with no bonus, so I canceled it without using it.

Perhaps it was a mistake; I should have held it until it converted to WE.

Might WE conversions take place even for canceled cards? (Sort of like that western-state-based church that converts dead people?) Is there any way to find out without applying and thus perhaps unnecessarily resetting the 18-month clock?

If I apply again and the bonus is denied, should I hold on to it until it converts, and then apply again? Does that work even when the bonus is denied?
I remember reading in this thread that several people applied again, waited for the card to convert, and then were able to get the bonus from then on. So you need to bite the bullet on the first card, and hope it converts. Mine have converted at first statement or earlier, but others are waiting months. It appears to happen as a batch, where FTers that applied the same day are reporting conversion the same day. No one knows the reasoning why it takes longer for others. But I would bet that after it is closed, it no longer is included in the batch for conversion. How long was your card open? If it was at least a month, it may have begun the conversion without you knowing.