FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Western Rewards 2016 Program Changes
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:52 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ecgz88
I just checked looks like they already start dynamic points now

for instance :

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel Seattle is 24K points for Jan and 36K points for July

so even a 40K CC sign up bonus only give me 1 night stay, no thanks
Did you read my post #5? They were doing dynamic points over a year ago already at least in some places! Now, whether they were doing it in Seattle a year ago or not, that I don't know, because I didn't check points redemption in Seattle a year ago.

The good news (for now): BW categories are maxed at 36,000 points. So a hotel that charges many hundreds of dollars a night for a particular night will still be no more than 36,000 points (if it has award rooms available, that is).

Do you realize that BW Pioneer Square used to be 32,000 points year-round??? Is 36,000 that big a difference from 32,000??? So a 40K sign up bonus always gave just a 1 night stay at this hotel, now it gives a 2-night stay in February, but still only a 1 night stay in July. If you're going in July, I don't see what's changed that much.

(Now, if they ever get rid of the 36,000 point cap, that's when things will explode. But as long as people like you react to 36,000 points with horror for a hotel that used to always be 32,000 points, they don't need to raise it any higher, I guess.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 23, 2016 at 10:00 am