FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Daily LAX-HND Service Feb 2016 w/ 787-8, applies DFW-HND
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:17 am
joejones

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The slot numbers are not quite decided, from what I understand. There were supposedly nine daytime slot pairs left over following the last international slot allocation, and most if not all of these were to be eventually used for US flights. It's possible that they are pushing for a 5:4 split so that DL gets 3 slots, JL and NH each get 2 and AA and UA each get 1. Thus there would be "parity" between DL and its two transpac JV competitors, each having four routes (including their existing night flights). Of course the JVs would have the massive advantage of feed beyond Tokyo, which DL does not have at the moment. Most likely, each faction will move its most competitive business routes (NYC, LAX, SFO, maybe ORD) to HND, while "fortress" routes like DFW stay at NRT.

I doubt that HA will go for a daytime slot, as the midnight departure time is just right for HNL flights. Maybe they would try KOA again, though.