FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:37 pm
cubbynole

Originally Posted by andy1585
I've gotten this denial three times in a row now: "Please be advised that a lower room rate was found offered on the IHG website for the same room type booked based on the details found for the reservation on your claim. The Terms and Conditions require that the claim be for “a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate)” on the IHG website."

Basically they are saying that because nonrefundable rate is cheaper than flexible rate, it's invalid claim. Is this a new policy change? You used to be able to compare flex rate on IHG against flex on OTA, but now they seem to not even accept that if a nonrefundable rate is cheaper - something that almost always exists.

Is it even possible to do a flex rate claim anymore?
I booked a property in the Dallas area for a three night weekend stay at what averages to around $105/nt (there is an advance purchase/non refundable rate around $92/nt). I found another website offering rooms, no prepay, pay at hotel, cancel up until day of travel for roughly $54/nt. Booked refundable rate of $105, rejected because it was not the lowest rate offered at the property - I thought cancellation policies needed to be equal.