FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:19 am
JayTeaBee

Programs: Delta PM
Mrs. JayTeaBee & I are an aisle/aisle couple if the aircraft doesn't have a 2 seat side. It seems to work great for us.

I did remember another seat swap story. I had a super quick connection at LAX, just got off SYD-LAX (in coach!) and was connecting LAX-BOS, I barely made it, was one of the last to board, and when I got to my seat (window) it was occupied by someone, clearly travelling with the person in the middle seat. I said "excuse me I think you're in my seat" and they gave me the whole "we aren't from america and don't speak English" routine. Instead of making a fuss I took the aisle seat, which is actually my preference. That being said, I wasn't sure if the person in my seat was originally the aisle, but since I was the last to board I just went with it and it was ok. I just thought it was funny. About an hour into the flight they didn't have any problems speaking English.....