FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:52 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I should have been clearer; wasn't using status in the FT elite way, but in its common usage. I meant the status of the rate as MVP (versus BAR, AAA, etc.)
LOL. This deserves some sort of award for obfuscation.
Nothing obfuscatory about it. And not sure why it makes you LOL or feel the need to comment. I used a word in a way that was misunderstood, I said I should have used a different word. Doesn't seem like a reason to venture into personal attack land.

I very much know that MVP is not a HHonors tier having had elite status with HHonors for at least 5 years.

The underlying point is that one does not get any benefits simply because it's a MVP booking, but they get whatever benefits they would otherwise be entitled to. I don't think anyone is arguing with me on that. I was imprecise in language responding to another imprecise language post which said "MVP conveys all elite benefits," when of course the MVP rate conveys no benefits at all - elite status conveys elite benefits.

Geez.