Old Jan 19, 16, 2:35 pm
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingLaw View Post
Hi all,

Have a problem I've encountered a couple times now... When I purchased the ticket on aa.com I requested an upgrade and the itn page on aa.com states "upgrade requested"... Checked a couple times after that and it still states "upgrade requested"... Then I get to the airport and check in.. Still states "upgrade requested"... When I get to the gate I'm nowhere on the upgrade list. I went to the GA and asked and she said that I wasn't on the list....

What am I doing wrong? Should I call and verify that I'm on the UG list for every ticket I want to try to upgrade??
Something I noticed is that when you don't have enough upgrades for all of the segments you requested, it will not show you on the list. For instance I was flying SEAPHXSTL and requested upgrades on both legs. I had 3 -500 mile upgrades in my balance but only appeared on the SEAPHX list. I didn't except to clear SEAPHX, but I did at the gate. On the flight I bought another 3 certs for the PHXSTL leg but didn't show up on the list. I had to have the agent manually add me once I arrived PHX.