FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:25 am
2B or back in coach

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just booked a prepaid rate for a stay at Hampton in June. I read on FT that we can double dip and take advantage of the Hampton (or Hilton) offer as well as the $50/250 hotel offer. The total was $281 and charged to the card immediately, so I SHOULD get $35 for Hampton and $50 for the hotel offer. However, the charge billed to "Hilton hotels" or something like that-- even though I booked it from Hampton's website (hampton.hilton.com). I suspect that I won't automatically get the Hampton credit, and the charge is too low to qualify for the Hilton credit ($60/300). Had I known the stay would be charged under the Hilton name, I would've booked the next higher room to get the $60 for Hilton.

BTW, if this stay charged as Hilton, how is AMEX supposed to distinguish between the different Hilton brands? Would my stay be charged as Hampton if it weren't a prepaid rate?
IME you have 24 hours to cancel even a prepaid non refundable rate. They allow this window for accidental clicks. You have to call and ask nicely.

Let us know how it turns out.