FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:09 am
pumpkinstew

Angry Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Apart from the view, not really

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Superior which is their top room class, received Superior. The Superior room is significantly different from the room as shown when booking online which looks about two rooms size. There is only one room that size based on the fire plan I saw, it's by the lift on the 7th floor and I was able to see inside while they were cleaning it and so could see it reflected what they actually show on the website. Very misleading.

- How are the rooms?
Recently refurbished and looked good but many bad design decisions meant things were mostly style over substance.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
The view is great right on Princes Street gardens and the Castle in the distance.

Bad:
The bed is the worst bed I have ever slept on and I seriously considered sleeping on the floor instead.
Housekeeping left a handprint on the balcony door and dust on the kettle.
Espresso machine but no cups meant you had to hold mugs under the nozzle to use it.
Very little usable surfaces, the bedside tables and desk were both very small.
Lots of other small details that looked good but weren't comfortable or easy to use.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Was able to get two drinks vouchers when I asked for a second for my wife. Tried to get breakfast thrown in since we were in the top room class and couldn't get upgraded but they didn't go for it.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
No, it's priced based on it's view but everything else is a disaster. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will not be returning.