FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Copa RPUs on United
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:04 pm
KenInEscazu

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I tried to give two RPUs to a customer of mine who was flying to Buenos Aires from JFK. Copa says that their RPUs are good to all destinations, but what they don't say (or at least I didn't notice it) is that they require one RPU for each segment. Grrr...

Long story short, I was able to upgrade two of the four flights, but there was one small problem. Although they told me that they were applied, they weren't. Instead of this big favor I did to help one of my best customers, the RPUs were never applied.

I spent over two hours on hold, then speaking Spanish (good luck getting an English speaking CS rep) through what was a train wreck of a procedure. Although my customer doesn't blame me for it, I would sure prefer that he didn't have his hopes falsely raised. Not the kind of thing that I want to happen when I'm trying to schmooze people who help pay the bills.

My biggest complaint in the whole mess is that they have no dedicated lines for Presidential Platinum. I was waiting right along with every other Tomás, Ricardo and Geraldo. Did I say grrr... ???