FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yearly travel insurance
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:25 pm
oranjemakker

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Bump.

I didn't end up opting for an annual policy, but am looking at it for this year. Domestic cover is important so that rules out Southern Cross.

Does anybody have any other comments to add about 1cover? They look to be a good option.
I have used 1cover for a few years now on the global policy for my wife and I and our family. We have taken two separate policies as we often travel separately, and the kids are listed on both our policies (for free).

I have had two medical related claims with the kids and both were handled very well. one was a year and a half ago we had to delay our return home due to our daughter getting sick, they covered all medical costs, flight changes for the whole family,accommodation, rental car etc. it came to quite a few thousand dollars and all reimbursed no problem.

Recently in Thailand our youngest toddler had to spend a day in hospital, again all covered, and they have a very good global assist helpline with nurses etc. that is handled out of Australia, they have followed up to make sure he is OK, etc. For their medical cover at least, i can vouch for them 100%.