FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Bad lines at CDG 2E (November 28, 2015)
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:51 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
PARAFE queues, ime, invariably move slower. What makes acceptable is the shorter queues. You would need many more booths for them to work better. The situation is quite similar with the e-gates at LHR, BTW. They work OK-ish now because their number has significantly increased but both the French and UK systems are relatively slow. The one that works fast, ime, is the Hong-Kong one.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I second the need for many more! And I agree that they are not very fast. For some reason, I always have a much swifter passage at the HEL ones. That said, I find the LHR ones much faster than before even in terms of the actual gate experience (and now don't have problems of French passport being unrecognised almost every other time!)
I fully agree with you guys that they should (or rather must) increase the number of automated gates. 3 is not enough, especially knowing that there is frequently one out of order.