FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you stock up on during your travels that you can't get at home?
Old Jul 4, 2003, 10:36 am
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
What do you stock up on during your travels that you can't get at home?

Reading a recent trip report from wideman he mentioned he buys socks and Labello brand lip balm in France. Of course, I had to go in search of Labello and now wideman's converted my son from his hemp balm to Labello. Any additional reasons to go to Paris are fine with me.

I'm curious what else people buy on their travels that they can't find at home. I'm not talking so much about buying wine in France or bargains on art and such, but mundane, everyday products that seem to be of better quality than what you get at home.

I usually stock up on Charles Worthington hair products in London and my son buys the Botanics face creams there and the Garnier cleansing pads. We also buy the Humex cold medications in France. They seem to work so much better than what I get at home.

A friend of ours recently tried out some little stinging prduct from the drugstore in France that's supposed to provide relief from itchy bug bites - or at least distract you from one to the other. Anyone have experience with this and know if it works well?

A lot of people seem to buy eye drops in France - the name escapes me now but it's something Bleu. I'm a little reluctant to try them because I get eye problems regularly when I fly so don't know if they'd be a help or a hinderance. Anyone use those?

What do you stock up on?

Edited to fix the spelling on Labello. I don't know how many times I looked at that tube and thought the a was an o. Thanks wideman.

[This message has been edited by letiole (edited 07-05-2003).]