FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Eliminates Right to Opt Out of Nude-o-scope Body Scanners
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:43 am
saizai

Originally Posted by jww947
I am not sure what the big deal is? Are people scared they will get radiation poisoning?
I'm not. I simply object to being strip searched by the government as a condition of exercising my fundamental right to travel. I don't give a damn if it's perfectly safe, nor do I care if they don't show the image to the smurfs.

If terrorist get through security people are complaining about TSA, if they enact measures to stop terrorist people are complaining.
That part I actually agree with. One should assume that the adversary (nonexistent though they are) is going to use the most vulnerable options.

However,
a) this means that TSA has an obligation to be effective in screening people in wheelchairs, regardless of whether or not they're "faking it", and therefore they have no right to try to find out if that's the case or not,
b) AIT is not more effective than patdown anyway (it's less effective, but faster when it doesn't false positive),
c) the actual holes in security are not some pax claiming a bogus busted shoulder, but rather the people going around because they work there. (See e.g. the various drug smuggling rings that have gotten busted.)