View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 16, 12:57 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Unless you are a huge fan of expensive megaresorts in sterile artificial communities, it's foolish to stay here (or, for that matter, anywhere in Nusa Dua). I guess if you don't REALLY want to be in Bali, it's fine (aka Australians just looking for a beach resort). But if you're going to Bali to "experience" Bali, stay far away. I'd start with a nice villa rental in Ubud (which will probably cost you $100), and then maybe a villa rental in Pemuteran. Much better vacation at a fraction of the price. Bali is currently astonishingly inexpensive, if you stay away from the mega-resorts. Save your hotel points and status and use them elsewhere. You won't regret it.
It's really not in Nusa Dua, but in Benoa.

If you're diamond on a paid stay, and get some benefits, it's not a bad place. I thought the club was pretty nice when we visited last month. I should have slogged to the normal restaurant for breakfast, but it was rainy.

Yes, there are certainly some fabulous private villas out there, but some real dogs too. Make sure you get recommendations from a trusted source that has actually stayed there.