FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Yet another) New strategy for AF - "Plan A+"
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:48 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Not secondary at all - very symptomatic of an airline which is just happy with any sh*tty plan as long as it makes it sound good. This is not an airline management business, it is a poetry competition.
Funny you should say that, because when I wrote my post my initial sentence was "the fact that ... is secondary, but isn't it revealing?".

But then I deleted it and accused myself of only finding yet another confirmation for French companies (and politicians as well) to be strong on using great sounding announcements and catchy phrases without any real action behind it. Something they have in common with the US by the way. Form over function. Façade and wrapping over content.

The trouble is that in this competition of catchy phrases and short arguments instead of thinking arguments and consequences through to the end (because the unions are the same in their posturing) the real issues get glossed over.

I am afraid your prognostic about where the company will land in some years' time will be right.