FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:19 am
Craig Whitmore

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Thanks Mr Whitmore

Thanks for the compressed reviews on these properties in NZ.

Suggest starflyergold move this to the elite experiences thread.
No problem.

I have stayed(in NZ) before status/joining Le Club at the below in various times over the last couple of years.

Novotel Rotorua - No Problems at all, quite clean and inviting like all the Novotel Branded Hotels. Nice area and parking/walking to Bars was easy.

Grand Mercure Wellington - Wouldn't stay there again.. I was on a high floor and could still hear all the Street/Bar Noise. (its towers above a number of Bars). Unless you like to drink all night at the Bars below and then its great :-)

Novotel Hamilton - I've not had any problems with any of the Novotels ever. Apart from mostly being the same (decor/rooms/service etc) you know what you get.

Mercure Wellington - A little walk from most places and also a little noisy when I was there. There is a "secret" lift to get you down the hill a little so you don't have to walk it.

Ibis Wellington - The Wellington CBD (Bars/Entertainment etc) is mostly down the other end of town, but if you don't mind walking ,There is a sign posted lift near bottom Plimmer Stepps as the other way round involves a hill (well a lot of Wellington Involves Hills). Nothing wrong with it as far as I could tell.