FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:10 am
jedicat666

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
HI Atrium Singapore

HI Atrium Singapore

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, but check-in was handled horribly.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Executive. Received a 1-category upgrade to Executive Suite after duty manager apologized to me for bad check-in.

How are the rooms?
Visibly Dated, Air-conditioner was noisy. But the suite was spacious, with decent TVs and new bathtub amongst other things.

How is the exec. lounge?
Decent as always, best i had out of 5 previous stays on this property, because they served peking duck.

What was good and what was bad?
I was denied upgrade to suite as Spire even though there was clearly availability. Front desk lied to me quoting "System Glitch" when I pointed out that suites were clearly available. Front desk further screwed up by calling and talking to duty manager on the phone (in mandarin, thinking I couldn't understand), that she is purposefully not upgrading me due to many weddings happening this weekend. Upon realizing her cock-up, I was refered to the duty manager, was arranged a suite, apologized to by the duty manager with some "I'm Sorry" amenities, and told that the staff would be briefed regarding this. First time experiencing such unacceptable behavior at an IHG hotel. However the duty manager handled it gracefully, and I decided to forget about it and not escalate further.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, I stay here often and am willing to sweep this under the table.