FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:24 pm
tompierce

Programs: United Mileage Plus. 1K/Million Mile
Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)

OK, so I've finally realized that making 1K is probably no longer worth it given the deterioration of UAL's program. Nonetheless, I was at about 91,000 miles last month and decided to take a single mileage run at the end of the month. Worked it out, would have put me just over 100k miles. I'm in line in Anchorage to complete the return leg and UAL announces my high-PQM flight is now cancelled. Not weather, flight was delayed and on the flight in the crew ran over the allowed flight hours to complete the return flight. I booked a return (the longest offered option, 3 segments) but it still came up short in PQM's. I'm now at 96,000 PQM's.

Q's: Doesn't seem fair that UAL canceled my MR return flight, causing me to come up short in 1K qualification. Do I have any recourse, and if I do how do I set it in motion? I looked at the Mileage Plus site and couldn't find an appropriate link.

Thanks in advance,
-Tom