FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX 2017 Terminal Move: The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:38 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Agreed. That proposal dates back to former LA Mayor Hahn (Alternative D) and is extremely unlikely to ever be built. Along with the destruction of the parking garages and the single linear terminal to replace 1-3, passengers would check-in at a remote facility a mile away and then transit to the terminals on a sterile tram. Odds of that ever happening? Probably zero.

It's already a done deal. It's happening. The sooner, the better, as it will permit AA to board its 76-seaters at a regular terminal (like Delta does) instead of a mile away at the remote Eagle terminal.
I don't care about making things better for some AA flights at LAX. What I do not want to happen is for DL to share a terminal/TSA security checkpoints with budget carriers. Budget airlines tend to create a mess with long lines and lots of people overflowing from gates, thereby crowding the concourses.

I like the current setup at LAX with DL having its own terminal plus a few gates in the next (airside connected) terminal where there's the AS lounge. AFAIK the AS lounge still accepts PP, so it's a good alternative to the LAX SC for me.

For connections to/from TBIT, I'd rather walk landside than be forced onto a shuttle bus.

My worst experience ever at LAX was arriving into T5 from HND, deplaning as usual with a jetway, and being forced to walk down lots and lots of stairs to buses over to TBIT for immigration and customs.