FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding door closed and seat given away 25 mins before departure. Any recourse?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:41 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I have seen a lot of early boarding lately. BP will state departure time of 9:30 and boarding time of 9:10. I show up at 9:05 and the gate agent tells me I'm the last one to board and they are waiting on me. So much for group 1 boarding and space for my bag in the overhead Has happened to me multiple times on UX flights - most recently in MOB.
Nothing new if the aircraft is there IME (the post-merger issue was usually that the plane hadn't even arrived yet). I can recall several times this happening to me on PMUA, including one where pax onboard said, "Oh, the FA said 'take any seat,'" and thus my exit-row E120 seats were gone, or another where I got to the club in C at IAD, over an hour before departure, and the club agent says, "Your flight is already boarding, sir, and it's in another terminal!" I looked at the BP, said, "It's not scheduled to board for 45 more minutes!" Sure enough, after rushing to the gate, the GA was grumbling about me being the last pax and holding them up...