FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:58 am
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Only thing I can state with authority is -that- it happened (took a LONG time for some people to become convinced my info on this was accurate) and exactly -when- it happened:
http://travelingbetter.vbulletin.net...omer-relations

As to the "why"-- well, my theories and speculation would be no better than anyone else's, if ya know what I mean.

I *think* the "for public consumption" version was to make certain all issues are properly tracked, etc. But I can't imagine too many here would buy that.
Originally Posted by uscjeff
..I called the EXP line and got the same about how I need to contact via email. She said it was a "sad decision made by US Air management" and they are no longer allowed to talk. She even said she missed some of her favorite colleagues over there. Strange if you ask me
It's unfortunate from the customer's P.O.V., without doubt. As to if on the airline's side they find it to be more efficient and that it creates "better" and quicker resolution (not having to have protracted conversations and back-and-forth negotiations over compensation and repeat calls on the same issue already deemed "resolved" etc,) no way to know just how many man-hours they deem this to have saved, etc. And their calculation as to how many members will find this to be unacceptable and actually act on same-- all open questions.