FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What does a bonus points booking look like?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:43 pm
CarefulBuilder14

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
I recently stayed at a Hotel Indigo (for personal travel) and got a 30k bonus points rate. The bill did not reflect the points as part of the rate. The points were only mentioned on my email reservation confirmation.

I don't know what I was supposed to do, but hotel checked me out via express checkout (a piece of paper under my door) with no mention of any points voucher. For a week or so after checkout I hadn't gotten my 30k points, so I submitted a missing points form...and got 3k points as "Loyalty GoodWill Points". Evidently someone at IHG thought I'd made a typo.

I called to ask about the other 27k, and the CSR only gave me the other 27k points after I emailed him my reservation confirmation that said "Rate type: 30000 bonus points". There seemed to be no other record or evidence of my rate type at all.

The 30k, in the form "Loyalty GoodWill Points" were elite-qualifying, although I didn't end up staying frequently enough to hit Spire, anyway.