FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:00 pm
brocklee9000

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Okay, question. Aren't all the meals (except for breakfast) supposed to have some sort of 'desert' item served? Even the pastrami sandwich on long late night flights got a cookie or something. The reason I ask is because our ATL-SLC flight on Dec 31st didn't have anything. No ice cream, no dancing deer packaged treat, nothing. Only one pass at the snack basket about an hour after dinner. This confused me, but I never really bothered to ask because the FAs were only occasionally present in F, and I didn't want to go find one just to ask. But even our very-delayed flight the week prior managed to get dessert. And that flight was originally catered for breakfast, weather held us for about 6 hours, crew told us not to expect to be recatered; lo and behold they come around about half an hour after takeoff serving us the cheese ravioli, and it had peppermint ice cream. Anyway. Was that an anomaly, that we didn't get dessert? A mixup with catering? Laziness by the cabin crew? Should I try to get compensation? (haha )