FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:38 pm
nittany987

Originally Posted by nittany987
Alright - here's a question. I know the currency has to be billed the same, but does it have to display the same? I found a rate from an agency for a hotel that will only show in USD/EUR/other major currencies, but it shows on booking page that payment will be made using (local currency). IHG website shows in (local currency). Does this work for IHG claims?
Sadly, can answer this in the negative after a failed BRG claim.

Verbiage from T&C states that:
"6. b. Matching Prices - Currency Requirements. The currency of the hotel controls the comparison with the room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG website, and the room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG website must be available, viewable, quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel."

So it's not enough that the competing site books at the local currency, it must also display in the same currency.

This BRG is pretty tricked out. I thought the point was that you were supposed to trust IHG to provide the lowest rates overall. Don't really see why this logically should be an invalidating factor, but oh well. It's their call.