FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Hotels
Thread: Vietnam Hotels
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:25 am
wkndtraveler

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ozvpm_andy
My wife and I are heading to Vietnam for three weeks in March. I've read various reports of some good Accor properties in the country and looking for advice of which are the ones not to miss and which I should give a miss. I'm Accor Platinum too, so interested in info about lounges and upgrades etc too

Thanks
Here is my tips:

Ho Chi Minh City
Sofitel Saigon Plaza was a typical Sofitel – very good and didn’t disappoint us. We always feel like being at home when staying at Sofitel so for us it’s always a safe choice.
I wouldn’t choose to stay at Hotel des Arts Saigon MGallery Collection. As pb9997 mentioned, it’s clearly under a soft opening still. We had too much problems during our short stay there.

Hanoi
Sofitel Hanoi Plaza is an excellent hotel and I can warmly recommend it. We chose it over Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi because it was more than three times cheaper.
However, we visited Metropole twice and had two lovely Vietnamese lunch there. I also asked front desk if they could show us around the hotel and they did. It’s a very beautiful property and I already started to regret that I didn’t book it while I was enjoying my lunch there but then I remembered the price difference between the two Sofitel in Hanoi and was happy again for my decision.
During the tour, I was able to see luxury room in the historical wing, premium room in the Opera wing, lounge, gym, and spa.

Pros and cons:

Sofitel Plaza
+ Huge pool
+ Exceptional good service
+ Amazing views to Westlake
- Limited food selection in lounge (for example, during tea time they only serve bread with butter and petit four)
- A bit dated

Sofitel Metropole
+ Very special atmosphere
+ Central location in old quarter
+ Way better food selection in lounge (at least during high tea when we visited there)
- Small pool that is surrounded by restaurants and walk-in tourists (like us )
- Prices