FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo : 2,500 bonus Starpoints for one Keyless stay which is paid with Amex
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:23 pm
eeebee

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've had a bit of a struggle trying to get keyless to work for my last 2 stays....

stayed at the aloft phoenix airport for one night a couple of weeks ago & the check-in agent couldn't get keyless to work....she said i should stop by the front desk in the evening as her manager would be available then....i did so & he managed to activate it on my phone but it stopped working later that night....i checked out early the next morning so didn't get another chance to get it activated again....

last week i stayed at the element times square for 3 nights & again the check-in agent couldn't get keyless to work....i spoke with a manager as well & he said they were having some problems with keyless & it should be sorted out soon but it won't be possible to activate it during my stay....

i hope i managed to fulfill the terms of this promo with my limited keyless access at the aloft phoenix as i don't have any more stays at keyless properties for the duration of this promo....
Similar experience for me... I stayed at the W Washington DC the night of Dec. 27. I was able to "check in" using keyless through the app, although I ultimately had to do a physical check-in at the FD since my room wasn't ready until 5:30 PM. Once I was able to actually get my room, the FD rep indicated that their keyless system was offline, and provided me a physical key card. I mentioned the promo, and she checked with the manager, and ultimately assured me that since I checked in with the app/keyless, I "should" get the promo points even though I never was able to actually open the door using keyless. Well, it's over a week later, and still no promo points. Usually my promo points post only a day or two after my stay points. I have a feeling I'm going to have to ultimately file a missing points request with SPG. Annoying.

Although the T&C do say that the points will post 2-4 weeks after your stay, so maybe I'm just being a little antsy on this.

Last edited by eeebee; Jan 4, 2016 at 3:27 pm Reason: Provided more info