FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2016 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:56 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by smh88
I travel monthly to Asia from LAX often using AA miles booking 67.5k miles either to Hk or thru HK. I understand awards will be getting more costly in future but if i book 1 way First class CX flights using 67.5k AA miles, can i change dates without increase in mileage ? I.E. i book monthly flights now at 67.5 and change the dates once i know exactly the days i want to fly? Can i use the 67.5 awards after March if i only make a date change? I assume i will use 8-10 flights each way over next 12 months and would prefer to use the 67.5 vs 110k each way
Welcome to Flyertalk.

It has been discussed and iirc there is some consensus that changes within the allowed parameters discussed in the wikipost here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-changes.html (link) will most likely not incur redepositing miles and incurring the new miles costs. AFAIK, the built in limitation is awards can not be extended beyond one year from the date the award was first secured (as stated immediately above, after the original ticket was issued).