FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2016)
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:43 am
zap7

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
data points for receiving the card

Because it was often asked how long it'll take to receive the shiny card last year, here are two more data points:

When I did the match it just took one week for the card to arrive in Germany after they had updated my status to elite.
Since then I re-qualified for another 2 years and made it to elite+ (by collecting the 80k status miles in one year) last November. This time it took them 7 weeks from updating the status in my profile until the card arrived in Germany. So if you're in a hurry to receive the card be aware...
It might be inconsistency from TK or it might be that they only ship it once a months and if you're past the date it could take up to 8 weeks - just be prepared to wait for the card also some of us get lucky to receive it fast.

You might have it printed in IST which I did 12 hours after reaching elite+
(I know - no big reason to do this in my case, but I was just so proud to finally be elite+ that I couldn't wait...).
When the card hadn't arrived a months later in the mail, I was afraid they would not ship it when you had it printed immediately after the status update. Was really afraid I would not receive my e+ luggage tag I had been looking forward to so much...
That's data point 2: You can print the card a few hours after the status update (less than one day in my case).
Even if you have the card printed immediately after the status update, they'll still ship the welcome package with another card and the luggage tag.

When you have the card printed airside
, make sure to avoid my mistake (I almost missed my connecting flight...):
Had the card printed at 07:20 AM at the airside M&S desk between gate 215 and 216. Just make sure to use the right desk: There is a big newspaper stand with only one seat for M&S member service (written at the buttom of the desk so I didn't see it, it's the one seat on the left side of the newspaper stand), and 10m behind it, directly at the window to the outside, there is a big TK service desk.
I stood in line for 20 minutes at the wrong desk before it was my turn and they finally send me to the one in front which I had confused with a newspaper desk...

Took just 45 seconds there (nobody else standing in line): "Your M&S number? Passport please. Here's your card". (there is also a landside desk, do a search in the 2015 thread for location and opening hours. It mentions you need a printout of your account, they did NOT ask for it in my case).