FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest Hotel in Marrakech
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:40 am
Pierre&Cédric

We came back from Amanjena yesterday. Stayed in the Al-Hamra Maison which is the perfect choice for 2 couples. Ed Tuttle design are definitely my favorite ^

The swimming pool of the Al-Hamra Maison is heated, and it is much bigger than the pools of the classic Maisons or Maisons Jardin. However for your information there is one additional Maison Jardin almost finished, it will have a much bigger pool with a classic rectangular shape and privacy shall be great as it is not connected to any other pavilions. Private pool size is important to me that's why I'm focusing a little bit

Wifi is a bit slow, it shall be improved, and TV signal quality is poor. But all the reste was truly perfect.

Both restaurants (Moroccan & Japanese) were nice with good quiality products but may be I was expecting more elaborated and more authentic Japanese dishes instead of sashimis / makis / and other classic 'Europeanised' Japanese food. And strangely enough the dessert menu is the same for both restaurants. We had the New Year's Eve dinner and all breakfasts in our suite, set up was nice.

Service is excellent, it was the second time we had a full time butler in the suite and Saïd was efficent and discrete, exactly what you can expect.

The gym is not very large but offers good equipment from Technogym. I did not have the opportunity to try the Spa but instead we had in-room treatments with Andrew Rosenstock (that we had previously met in Amanjiwo and who is a fantastic yoga teacher). A larger Spa is supposed to be built within the next 2 years together with a dozen villas, each with a 40m pool, they will be very modern but may be too different from the rest of the hotel.

We went twice to the Medina with an Aman car. It is a 20-minute ride and it was easy to call them when we wanted to go back. It is quite convenient and I would not stay inside the city even for first timers like we.

5,000 candles were lit for the New Year's Eve, enjoying this special evening in Amanjena was magical, Arabian nights style!

Last edited by Pierre&Cédric; Jan 4, 2016 at 2:51 am