FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2016)
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:43 pm
zap7

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by cancruiser
Thanks to all who replied. Also, my apologies for posting outside the Wiki thread. I assumed it was a "Wiki" style (like Wikipedia) in which only facts and conclusions are posted rather than individual inquiries/questions. I guess I was mistaken. Sorry again..
Cheers
Hi cancruiser, no worries - no harm done. Welcome to FT!
I didn't know for the first weeks, too, which resulted in me asking questions and waiting hours or days for a reply I could have found right away in the moment I asked So I learned to first read the FAQs (FAQ 7 is about the match) and expand WIKI posts if I found any
WIKI post means there is a WIKI on top of the thread which you can expand (it says "click here to display full wiki"). So you have a comprehensive, up to date summary of the important rules that is "sticky" on top of every page.

Then there can be hundreds of pages below with hundreds of posts = reports who got matched, what went wrong or helped, what changed or different experiences (eg some people receive their card in 8 days, others wait 6 weeks). It's also the right place to post your questions (or answers or own experiences with or political views about the topic): Do a new post in the thread for them.
If something changes about the general rules, someone will edit the WIKI post on top (eg if TK suddenly requires a passport copy, causing delays if you don't include it). Another example would be a thread about which carry on cases fit UAs sizer boxes, with the WIKI on top containing a list which Rimowa cases apparently fit so it's easy to look up without getting lost in all the hundreds of pages.

And as explained above it's best to keep it in one thread -especially for status matches - so everyone will have the updated information when the rules change like they did twice within the last few months for the TK match...