FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualified for EXP / Executive Platinum at end of 2015, only got 4 SWU? (consolidated)
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:37 am
spsDC

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)
Qualified for EXP / Executive Platinum at end of 2015, only got 4 SWU? (consolidated)

Hi, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere; I couldn't find any threads on it.

I just requalified as an EXP with the final flight activity on Dec 28 and Dec 29.
The new SWUs that expire in Feb 2017 just showed up in my account but there are only 4, not 8!

I was under the impression that the reduction would go into effect for requalification during 2016 but that those of us requalifying during the 2015 calendar year would still receive 8.

The AA site still says "If you qualified for Executive Platinum status before January 1, 2016, you’ll still earn 8 upgrades to use during the 2016 membership year."

Have any other EXPs had this problem in last few days? Maybe the problem is that the deposit date for the SWUs is listed as Jan 2, 2016 even though the last qualifying flight was Dec 29 (on CX JNB-HKG-SYD in E+ which turned into a double Op-Up to J, btw

Is this a tech glitch likely to be ironed out soon or is there a chance they've changed the rules without notice?

thanks
spsdc