FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Combined AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:49 am
rj123456

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
ORD-SFO Jan 1

AA? BA4397 (was a code share connection to LHR-ORD; can't remember AA #)
Jan 1
17:00 - 19:15
PDB: Water with ice (and without)
Linens: Yes
Pre Meal Beverage: Yes
Nuts: Yes
Was offered refills on both drink and nuts

Meal consisted of 1 salad, 1 mystery item which I liked but couldn't quite identify (it had a bread/flatbread disk with a yogurt/cream sauce). Entree was a cajun-style shrimp (slightly dry but reasonable given it was on a plane) Portion size was good (about 4 or 5 decent sized shrimp; also helped that my wife didn't want any of hers). Accompanied by a huge glob of bland polenta (letf untouched after I got the extra shrimp).

Desert was ice cream - 2 large scoops. My tastebuds must have been dead because I couldn't figure out what the ice cream was (some kind of vanilla with a few crunchy blobs). Decent but not like the old sundae service.

No warm baked chocolate chip cookies (unless that happened while I was sleeping). Pre-arrival walk through with a basket of mints.

Overall service was decent and quality of food compared favorably with previous BA C LHR-ORD flight. And breakfast at the LHR Galleries Business lounge was abysmal - tasteless croissants and the only hot offering was porridge.

Last edited by rj123456; Jan 3, 2016 at 2:55 am