FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TIP: More hidden features of ITA
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:46 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitozac
I see a similar if not same question posed just a few entries up thread but am wondering if it makes a difference if the fare rules don't allow stopovers and I am trying to find the longest layover available each way.

Example: I want to take advantage of a Skyteam DTW-SVO fare but am based in ATL. Ideally, I would get to DTW on my own and then fly DTW-AMS/FCO/CDG with the longest layover possible-SVO, and then return SVO-AMS/FCO/CDG again with the longest possible layover-ATL-DTW and I would just get off @ ATL. Can I still use multicity even if the fare rules don't allow stopovers?

Right now for the return I am putting in SVO:: FCO /minconnect 1200 ATL and it errors out. Obviously just putting FCO /minconnect 1200 returns layovers of at least 20 hours, but I want to specify a 2nd layover in ATL on the way home of any duration
You can use multicity if you like. The pricing engine will find the best way to price it, using a round trip pricing unit comprising two mirror-image fare components but with stopovers, or as a multi component circle trip comprising numerous fare components, or with end-on-end components, or even multiple pricing units, whatever works out cheapest (and the fare rules mutually allow). The way you input your itinerary does not really seem to affect the method the Matrix uses to compute the price.

If you let us know more about your itinerary maybe someone here can have a go at setting it up.