FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding door closed and seat given away 25 mins before departure. Any recourse?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:18 am
transportbiz

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by Surftel
Yeah, it is nonsense.

Basically we should ignore whatever United puts on their boarding passes, websites, etc. as United can and will arbitrarily change this without notice.

Experience travelers should show up a day early and pitch a tent at the gate to insure they make their flight. United can start selling tent space and spin it as a "Change you are going to like"
At DUB station once in the CO days, I showed up at the check in counter with a printed on line boarding pass which stated to be at the airport 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time. The desk agent, crossed that out and wrote in place a time that was 120 minutes before scheduled departure time, and asked me to initial to "show I understood I needed to be at the airport 120 minutes ahead of departure time". I refused to initial, stating it's stupid to ask me to acknowledge understanding of something after the fact. This nonsense of assuming responsibility for something that is never communicated as an expectation ahead of time is humorous at least.