FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seat etc.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:31 am
lhl12

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
BOS-LAX: Worth connecting in JFK for 321T?

I need to travel from BOS to LAX and my company will pay for First Class (or Business).

Option A: I can purchase a non-stop BOS-LAX flight in F, although the departure times are not ideal. I would like to depart early afternoon but there is no such flight. The only option that works is a 430ish departure - later than I would prefer.

Option B: Instead, I could travel BOS-JFK-LAX departing at my preferred time (arriving into LAX about one hour earlier than the nonstop). This is a little better timing-wise, but obviously does add a connection.

I understand that the JFK-LAX leg often (perhaps always?) is on one of the three-class 321T's. I have never flown on one of these aircraft.

For those who have experience on the 321T's, would you say it is worth it to add the connection? Or would you instead recommend sticking with the nonstop (even with less-than-ideal timing)?

Also, if I do travel JFK-LAX, am I assured of being on one of the 321T's? Or does AA use that aircraft for only some (but not all) of the JFK-LAX flights?