Old Jan 2, 16, 2:58 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Ibis Style Saint Malo port

Name of the hotel: IBIS STYLE Saint Malo port

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes. This was my 1st stay in an Ibis style and I have been very pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big fan of Ibis in general (I am definitely more Sofitel and Pullman ), but I am completely boycotting the Mercure St Malo front de Mer due to repeated non acceptable platinum treatments , and so was looking for an alternative. Upper brands in Dinard (MGallery) were very expensive for the new year period, so decided to stick to St Malo (which was in any case much better for our needs). Unfortunately St Malo has only Ibis (all variants) and the Mercure I'm boycotting, so thought about giving a try to Ibis style. I choose the one at the port because was brand new (opened sometime during 2015).

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
Booked standard room with double bed and got that (you don't expect an upgrade in that kind of hotel, but at least get the "best" one, and that's what they did (see below).

- How are the rooms?
They gave me a room for handicapped persons which was the largest of the floor, according on the evacuation map on the room door. The room was quite large, with storage place, a small table and an armchair. It was facing the old fortified part of the city (intra-muros). Simple but modern decoration, bright colors. You feel good immediately in. I don't know if they gave me this room on purpose, as a platinum recognition, or if it was just luck. The room had a little balcony with a small bistro table and 2 chairs, but it was not really possible to enjoy it at that season.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good: fresh and modern interiors, nice staff. Very pleasant breakfast room, good breakfast. Adjacent parking (but €9/night). If you travel with young children, the hotel is very child-friendly : plenty of games and toys are available in the lobby.

Bad:
Frankly nothing, but I will mention that I had to ask for the drink voucher (not spontaneously given). Also the location is not as good as for the sea-side Mercure or Ibis (Le Sillon neighborhood), but still OK

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks: Voucher valid for one person, for soft drinks and beer.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? yes.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jan 2, 16 at 1:25 pm