FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does SAA really have a customer service department?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:57 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Does SAA really have a customer service department?

Last year (2015) I had two occasions to contact SAA customer service. The first related to EY codeshare flights that didn't post to an SAA mileage account. The other, getting a delay confirmation for insurance purposes.

Even after sending copies of the original ticket e-mail several times (and having one segment of six flights actually posting) customer service claims they can't find the booking and thus won't post the mileage.

After confirming my request for the delay information and assigning an agent to my "case", and several "reminder" emails, I have yet to receive what I need five months later!

I have come to expect nothing but ineptitude from SAA, and under the current circumstances of my issues, plus the corporate scandals of its CEO and financial insolvency figure a customer will get no action, even by writing the President (which often works with other companies).

Just closing the books on last year's SAA frustrations.