FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:10 pm
thechosenuno

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Haven't used the NZ office myself, but the AU office is very helpful

I had an MH booking which had a TTL showing in it - the US office was as unhelpful and couldn't care less that the reservation would expire unless ticketed but the AU office , when I mentioned it was there, phoned the ticketing department and had it issued immediately

If the NZ number goes to the same people, then will be a great place to call. If you call the US office ( and you can get an agent that can actually be bothered to help ) it will end up having to be repriced in USD . I would suggest calling NZ
When I originally ticketed an AUH-JFK F award, there was an issue with my being charged in AUD which prevented the ticket from being issued. It took a few calls, but a good agent finally called the rate desk, found out how much it would be in USD, and pushed it through. I changed the date, and it again wouldn't ticket. I got another good agent who called the rate desk, got the right amount to charge me, and it went through. If you are having the issue, I'd suggest asking them to call the rate desk and see if there's an issue with it beign priced in AUD and not USD.