FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amazon Prime Instant Video will let you download movies/TV shows
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:37 am
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
It is nice to be able to download for flights and stuff.

But the question is, is the Prime content (which you don't have to pay extra for, other than being a Prime member), better than the content you'd get on an IFE?
Honestly, that is a "worth" question and other people can't really make that determination for you.

For me, it's a no brainer. On AA (which is my primary airline) the IFE screens and the experience is fairly horrible, so even if it has the latest movies, the experience is far inferior to my iPad. Also, with the content downloaded to my device, I control the experience. My wife, who frequently gets lured by the siren song of a new release on the IFE, rather than using what she has on her iPad, will invariably start a movie at just the wrong time in the flight, and then not be able to finish it prior to landing, only to be left hanging. I on the other hand, can finish the movie later if that happens (and in fact, that did literally happen on our Christmas holiday).

Again, at the end of the day, worth is up to you, but I can always find something interesting and worth watching on Amazon Prime, but I'm also not someone that has to have the latest and greatest new releases to be satisfied/entertained. Since I don't fly on AA's newest planes (e.g. 77W) very often, my personal iPad driven IFE is superior (IMHO) in every way to the one provided by AA.

Regards