FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport [ZRH] (Master Thread)
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:38 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport [ZRH] (Master Thread)

Stay Report - 12/24-12/25

Location: The hotel is located in Rumlang, about a five minute drive from ZRH. It's on a four lane divided highway next to a gas station and some commercial buildings. The best part is the Rumlang S-Bahn Station (on the S-9 and S-15) is an easy half mile walk. Trains run frequently into Downtown Zurich from here.

Hotel: The hotel is a large, newer construction HIX. It has a big lobby with restaurant which serves the free breakfast but also dinner, a full bar, business center with two computers and vending machines. There are two smallish elevators but I never had to wait long for either.

Check In: Handled by a very friendly agent who explained the internet, breakfast hours and shuttle to me and because I'm IHG Platinum, gave me a coupon for a free beer or wine at the bar. They also have a guide on how to use the S-Bahn. He couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

Room: A little on the small side, but very comfortable. The room was obviously dominated by the King bed and it was a little annoying to have no closet but I survived for a night. Also, the bathroom was really small and they just leave a bottle of "Soap/Shampoo" in the shower which I don't like. Still, no real complaints overall

Breakfast/Other: Breakfast starts at 4 AM which is amazing and is actually quite good. A very large spread of cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads and pastries, cold cuts, cheese and some hot dishes. Much better than a standard US HIX Breakfast. The free shuttle to the airport starts running at 5 AM and requires reservations. I also had no issue finding the shuttle when I'd arrived at ZRH the night before.

My rate was 80 CHF and I'd return, it's a perfect airport hotel and the proximity to the S-Bahn makes it idea.