FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to: Use AA Miles to Book Award on Etihad / EY (Archive - 2015 and earlier)
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:44 am
LaphroaigAndRibeye

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
It's beyond my own capabilities, but surely someone here should be able to write code that automates (or partially automates) repeatedly checking for award tickets and available seats on EY's web site.

Various subscription sites already get data from QF and BA web pages, it's just that EY is not in an alliance and so no commercial site has bothered to do it AFAIK.

The only thing I have tried to use is Lazarus (form filling addon for Firefox) but it messes up the EY page.
KVS Tool (Diamond) can pull EY availability. It won't do it automatically for you on an ongoing basis, but you can select a date range (I think it's 30 or 60 days but don't recall since I'm not at that computer right now) and have it filter by whatever criteria you want (# of seats, fare class, etc.)

It wasn't too expensive; I think I paid $20 for a 3-month subscription while I was trying to plan 2 trips. Saved me a ton of time; I popped on twice/day and clicked a button to initiate a search and came back a few minutes later to look at the results. Did that until I found my 2 Apartment seats in March, then called AA to book. As usual, US AA couldn't see the availability, but the Australia call center booked it with no trouble.