FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:01 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chicago747
I recently took a bump on Xmas day and received a $500 voucher from AA. I am planning on buying 2 ORD-SFO tickets on a single PNR. The total cost for the two tickets is $715. My plan is to put them on hold and then ticket at ORD when I'm there tomorrow. My questions are as follows:

1) Are there ticketing fees associated w/ ticketing at the airport when using a VDB voucher? If so, has anyone had any luck in getting them waived as it is not possible to use these vouchers online? If there are fees, are they the same if mailing them in instead?

2) Can i pay the remaining balance of $215 w/ AA gift cards?

Thanks very much for any help. I called AA and got several different answers from several different agents....none of whom seemed very confident in their answers.
1) You will have to pay a ticketing fee at the airport if you are not EXP. I don't believe you have to if you mail in the voucher. However, there is some risk that the voucher can get lost in transit, and it takes much longer overall.

2) I don't see why you couldn't use a gift card to pay the remaining balance.