FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ran out of credit cards to apply for
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:51 am
BUYSELL

This is a great idea and an excellent thread. Funny how I feel the exact same way as OP. In the past two years I have gotten the following:

2014:
AMEX Mercedes-Benz Platinum (still open)
Citi AAdvantage Executive x 4 (only one still open)
AMEX Hilton (still open)
AMEX SPG (still open)

2015:
Citi AAdvantage Platinum (closed)
AMEX PRG (still open, will close in Jan after airline credit posts)
Chase Ritz (lowered to $1500 limit, amazing deal)
Capital One Venture (closed)
Capital One Spark (still open)
Chase Marriott (still open)
AMEX SPG Business (still open, will close after two stays post in Jan)
Another Citi AAdvantage Executive (closed)
Citi Premier (closed)
Citi AT&T More (still open)
Barclays Arrival + (still open)
Citi AAdvantage Business (still open)
Wells Fargo Propel (still open)

I am waiting until March for the AMEX Gold Business (had an old business card that was closed in February) and also the AMEX Platinum Business but want that to have a six-figure MR incentive before I sign up. Still am eyeing Citi Prestige. Avoiding anything and everything Chase.

It is getting more and more difficult to find new cards and at least in the case of Wells Fargo, where there are no branches in my geography, getting a relationship to open accounts. I am self employed and pay estimated taxes so the signup benefits can be quite lucrative and are separate from my normal monthly spend. I am EXP on AA, so I really don't need to accumulate an arsenal of miles, although I don't object to more in the account.

I am canceling a bunch of cards today and will plan on an AOR 7/1/17. Any suggestions as to what next would be appreciated, but it seems like I am going to play the waiting game and hope new products are released after January 1st.