FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess at DXB
Thread: Mess at DXB
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:44 pm
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
This is why I fly Emirates.

AC (and so many other airlines) ex-DXB is a joke.
So here's a question... is this a "sabotage" from the ME3/their backers or is it really AC's fault? Or the airport itself?

For example, if EK (in another terminal) is operating smoothly, then what's the problem in AC's terminal? Is it because of a lack of training? Or is it lack of support/supervision (which would also be a lack of training)... Has any side taken any steps to fix the issue should be what everyone is asking.

You'd think that if it was an issue of sabotage, that it's really only hurting the countries there. If I know I'm going to be stuck waiting at the airport for a long period of time because the check-in terminals are FUBAR, that's less time that I could spend enjoying the surrounding area. And if this is a regular occurance, ugh....

I've considered taking trips using EK/EY/QR based on their hospitality reputation.... but the thing that kills me (at least) is the fact that there are stupid long connection times. As an example, If I take AC/SQ or CX, I can usually get to Singapore within 20 to hours (not counting IRROPS)... if I were to re-route via the ME airports, travel time increases to 30+ (again, not counting IRROPS). If it's just a few hours different, fine. But I've seen 36+ hour layovers. If the flight from the ME (whichever airport) to SG is cancelled, I could see my plans getting messed up and the knock on inconvenience to others growing. But if I go via an Asia country (especially via HK), if I miss one flight, there will usually be one within 2-3 I can take.