FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:23 pm
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by goldengate
What in the world is going on at DFW... do we have any Flyertalkers on the ground there? I am traveling via Dallas today and am experiencing major cancellations and delays even before I leave for the airport here in Tampa. Friends and family flights are all delayed / cancelled.

Anyone on the ground there to give us a sense of what the issue is? Crew? Re-positioning? Any comments from staff on whether the situation should improve later today?

I'm not traveling today, but it sounds like there are a lot of challenges.

40 straight hours of inclement weather, starting with tornadoes in the area Saturday evening, then thunderstorms Sunday and winter weather this morning.

American cancelled around 200 flights on Saturday and around 350 flights on Sunday at D/FW Airport due to weather or air traffic control reasons, Feinstein said. For most of December, the airline had single-digit cancellations at the airport, he said.

In addition, American diverted about 185 flights on Saturday and Sunday to airports other than their destination airport, Feinstein said. Of those, 134 were destined for D/FW Airport, which had a ground stop in effect for hours over the weekend, he said.

[Today] Airlines cancelled 327 flights and delayed 283 flights departing from D/FW Airport as of 1 p.m., according to FlightAware, a website that tracks air traffic in real time.
Add in de-icing, plus delays at ORD and at destination airports to the east, it's a mess.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...-weather.html/