FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess at DXB
Thread: Mess at DXB
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:22 am
CloudsBelow

Originally Posted by aionesu
For those of you thinking of trying out AC's product on YYZDXB...

The YYZ->DXB segment went fine. It was in fact one of the most impressive AC flights I've ever been on... not just because of the 787-900, but even the food was above par (in J). It almost felt like EK or SQ or CX... almost.
A local SEA resident calling it -900
Agree though, the 787 is an incredible aircraft. Very impressive.
First of all, AC departs from what can only be described as the most chaotic terminal DXB has. Compared to T3, where Emirates is, T1 looks like a _dump_. You'll basically be surrounded by the most no-name airline companies in the world and their incompetent staff.
My AC flight exDXB-T1 last month was gated between CX and SQ
Plus the terminal is tiny and under construction.
Gee, almost as if Terminal comparison of YYZ:AC=DXB:EK.
Amazing
After about 45 minutes in line, it was clear that nothign was moving. It turns out that the check-in system was broken down, and they couldn't actually check-in anyone. Note that I knew this, not because it was announced, but because I lost patience and went to talk to the ground staff again. Some of us had to then manually inform everyone staying in line. People were yelling, upset, and angry, that nobody was officially making an announcement to tell people what was going on.
Agree here. Boarding area for AC in DXB is weak. Can't hear announcements. Lines might flow into other lines for different gates. Aren't many 100 seaters in DXB - Every line seems to stretch forever.